Midland, Michigan, May 2015 – Greater Michigan Construction Academy (GMCA) has been granted accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
The Accrediting Commission of ACCET voted to grant GMCA their accreditation status at their April 2015 meeting.
This grant of accreditation includes the following sites and program:
Midland Campus –
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Lansing Campus –
The Greater Michigan Construction Academy is the first vocational school of its kind to go through the process and receive ACCET accreditation.
ACCET has been officially recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, since 1978, as a “reliable authority as to the quality of education or training provided by the institutions of higher education and the programs they accredit.” In 1998, ACCET became the first recognized accrediting agency to be certified as an ISO 9001 Quality Management System under the international standards established by the International Organization for Standardization.
“The Greater Michigan Construction Academy is so proud to be the first vocational school to receive such an accreditation. This accreditation opens the doors for more students, as we will be able to accept federal funding, to be able to gain skilled trades training in our area. I am proud to be serving as the Director of GMCA where our mission is to provide a strong and stable training academy that educates the workforce that builds communities; while promoting the construction industry to the next generation.” said Stephanie Davis, Director of Education, Greater Michigan Construction Academy.
In support of the Standards for Accreditation, ACCET members will uphold the following principles of professional ethics:
· To provide programs of study that are educationally sound, up-to-date, of highquality and are demonstrably effective.
· To maintain fair, ethical, and clearly stated advertising, admission, and enrollment practices by accurately and fairly representing the ACCET – accredited institution and its service to its constituency.
· To provide effective student counseling and motivational programs that recognize individual differences and ensure successful student retention, graduation and, where applicable, employability.
· To demonstrate the ultimate benefit of private educational training programs through satisfied participants.
· To maintain an effective peer review system that ensures proper and ethical administration of all financial operations of the institution.
· To promote the concept of voluntary self-regulation inherent in the accreditation process.
· To demonstrate a commitment to educational services through community involvement and participation.
· To demonstrate the effectiveness of private education and training, thereby providing essential skills to support a productive American work force.
· To promote continuing education and training programs of the highest quality and integrity.
“I applaud you and your staff for their hard work gaining national accreditation. We are always pleased to see our vocational schools receive accreditation as a true mark of quality and excellence.” said Michael Beamish, Manager, State of Michigan Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
GMCA’s mission is to Educate thru collaboration of the Construction Industry. Our Membership, Employees, and Communities; to develop Professional Workplace Competencies and Skills while promoting the Construction Industry as a Career Choice. For more information contact us at 989.832.8879 or firstname.lastname@example.org